Join Our Team
Seeking to put God's love into action, Lakeshore Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
If you are looking for a position that has meaning, and desire to work for an employer that is impacting the local community by providing affordable homeownership, we are interested in talking to you and invite you to join in our Mission: Seeking to put God’s love into action, Lakeshore Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, community, and Hope.
The ReStore is an integral part of our mission and ministry. We sell new and donated home improvement items and building materials at great prices, with proceeds going to build safe, decent, and affordable homes for families in our community. Another benefit is that donated items are repurposed and reused instead of being sent to a landfill, which benefits our community and our world.
Donation Receiving Responsibilities
• Provides a professional and courteous interaction with donors, striving for an excellent experience
• Donation receiving including evaluation of condition and acceptability
• Operation of affiliate vehicles in a safe, lawful, and courteous manner
• Loading, unloading and transportation of donations in a safe, damage free and efficient manner
• Efficient movement of products through donation process
• Merchandising, pricing, cleaning and upkeep of back sales floor and product displays
• Engaging with and assisting customers on sales floor
• Assisting customers with loading sold items
• Maintenance, upkeep and cleaning of outdoor receiving area, warehouse, and back sales floor
• Organization of holding area, pickup area, and merchandise in storage
• Works alongside volunteers to accomplish daily tasks
• Takes initiative to seek opportunities for improvement, lead team to achieve goals, and proactively solve problems as they arise
• Must be committed to the mission and ministry of Lakeshore Habitat for Humanity
• Past warehouse experience
• Knowledge of building products, their application and basic installation knowledge
• Customer facing retail, sales, or hospitality experience
• Warehouse, material processing, or inventory control
• Primarily warehouse and/or driving/riding in affiliate owned vehicle for donation pickups, with exposure to outdoor weather conditions during donation receiving and sold merchandise loading activities.
• Standing for long periods of time
• Receiving and moving donations which can be over 75 pounds.